Lossiemouth 2 - 3 St Duthus 
November 30th, 2016 - 8:00 PM at Grant Park
  • Match Report
  • Team Lineups
  • Gallery
THE MONTH of November was devoid of goals and very much limited in terms of games. However, that all changed last night thanks to a tremendous fightback from St Duthus in the quarter final of the North Caledonian Cup. With three players netting their first goals for the club, the Saints recorded their first win on the road this season after coming back from two goals down to beat a young Lossiemouth development side.

Garry Macleod was suspended for the rescheduled tie following his sending off against Halkirk when the Saints last played. Missing out were Will Ross and Jamie Skinner who remain absent due to illness and injury, respectively. Making his debut in the midfield was Ken Morrison, who has been on the sidelines since suffering a pre-season injury during a friendly with Fort William.

It seemed like it was going to be another grim day at the office for the Saints when a spirited and well organised Lossiemouth capped off a great start to the game with a goal in the 32nd minute; Jamie Lees netting with the final touch following a great passage of fluid play.

Just a minute before the break, referee Stephen McDade awarded a penalty to the home side after John Skinner had collided with one of the young Lossie forwards. Jamie Davidson made no mistake and deserving of their lead, the "Coasters" were indeed coasting, and went in at the break with a comfortable lead.

A significant change of formation and an immediate substitution were among the changes rung during the half time break by Stuart Ross, as the Saints looked to get back into the game. It took only nine minutes for the comeback to begin.

Good interchange play between Jon Campbell and Cammy Mackintosh led to Scott Miller collecting the ball on the edge of the box, who turned and hit a shot which flew past the Lossie stopper and into the net. With the deficit reduced, the Saints continued to press and began to look the better side.

It was all square twelve minutes later after a great cross from Adam Macdonald was met by Ken Morrison at the far post, and the tall midfielder sent the ball past Conor Hutton with purpose. With their backs to the wall, Lossiemouth were reeling and it was one way traffic in favour of the Saints, with the home side reduced to chances on the counter.

Were it not for a good save from Hutton, Scott Miller may have doubled his tally to make it 3-2 shortly after, and Cammy Mackintosh did everything but score from just a few yards out moments later. The deciding goal was reserved for Liam Rostock though, and he cemented his place as the third player on the night to net his first goal for the Saints with a brilliant effort. Completing his first full ninety minutes of the season, Rostock was well deserving of his winner.


Starting Lineup:
Conor Hutton, Lee Cowie, Ryan Sewell, Bodmi Tewnion, Jack McArthur, Joao Rodrigues, Nial Kennedy, Scott Campbell, Jamie Davidson, Jamie Lees, Louis Pashley

Brodie Allen, John Watkins, Josh Thomas, Callum Hill, Ryan Taylor

Jamie Lees (32), Jamie Davidson (pen.) (44)

St Duthus

Starting Lineup:
Steven Martin, Barry Kenny, John Skinner, Adam MacDonald, Joe Sutherland, Jon Campbell, Ken Morrison, Paul Cowie, Cammy Mackintosh, Louis Webster, Liam Rostock

Sam Beeston, Martyn Farquhar, Liam Mcleod, Scott Miller

Scott Miller (54), Ken Morrison (68), Liam Rostock (77)

Referee: Stephen McDade