1:00 PM

0 - 0

Naver 3G Park, Thurso
League (NCL)
St Duthus

Match Report

High winds and a torrential downpour put paid to Saints' annual trip to Caithness to meet Thurso in the Macleod & MacCallum North Caledonian League this afternoon, as the game was abandoned after 55 minutes of play with the score at 0-0.

The writing was perhaps already on the wall ahead of the weekend, with heavy rain resulting in Sir George's Park being deemed unplayable on Friday, and the game being moved to the Naver 3G Pitch.

Chances were few and far between for either side in the opening spell, despite Thurso having the greater of possession, their best chances missing the target.

On the fifteen minute mark, Ben Bruce forced a good save from Ryan Robertson after finding space on the right hand side and moments later Daniel Christie flashed a shot wide of the far post. On 25 minutes, Christie came close again with a first time shot which looked like it might just dip over the keeper into the top corner, but the ball flew just wide. Bruce was unlucky also moments later with a shot fired wide after twisting and turning into space.

The weather though was preventing either side from creating anything meaningful and mistakes were being made across the park with sweeping rain and high winds causing big problems.

In the early part of the second half, Thurso pressed their wind advantage with a couple of chances wide of target, but on 55 minutes, referee Liam Bremner took the decision to abandon the match with high winds making proper play impossible.


Thurso Starting XI

Ryan Robertson

Allan Munro

Innes Macintosh

Robert McLean

James McLean

Conor Trueman

Cameron Montgomery

Luke Manson

James Murray

Grant Aitkenhead

Ben Sinclair

Thurso Substitutes

Craig Kennedy

Aaron Wilson

Connor Macintosh

Owen Cannop

Jack McKechnie

St Duthus Starting XI

St Duthus Substitutes

Next Match

11/07/2022 at 1900
Grant Park, Tain

St Duthus Football Club © 2016, 2017, 2018 - Site developed by K & N Concepts Ltd